Sense Studio are appointed by building owners, contractors, sub-contractors and legal professionals to carry out forensic investigations on a spectrum of topics within the construction industry, for example:
- to understand physical defects, their causes and who might be legally liable
- to analyse the content and development of design information
- to determine time spent on construction projects
We have a meticulous and exacting approach to forensic investigations. Our knowledge of construction, building contracts and data interrogation techniques allow us to provide forensic analysis which can usefully help you resolve problems or aid subsequent legal action.
We have been instructed on forensic investigations related to:
- Regulatory compliance: planning, listed building, building regulations, fire safety and construction design management,
- Design obligations: adequacy of design drawings and specifications, design checking/approvals, compliance with codes and standards
- Design management: co-ordination, fees, programming, tendering
- Contract administration: instructions, certification, procurement
- Specification and detailing: fire, acoustics, damp/water proofing measures
- Workmanship: execution of works on site, related inspection duties
- Construction defects: in a variety of building components: external walls and facades, internal partitions and ceilings, floors, roofs, windows and waterproofing/damp proofing systems
- Remedial works: remedial work scope/options
We also have well established links with forensic specialists in other disciplines such as: Civil Engineering, Structures, M&E Services, Cladding, Glazing, Fire Engineering and Materials Science, amongst others.